Monday, November 3, 2008

CANADA GROOMS 2008!


This year Jen, Val and myself (Anna) had the pleasure of attending Canada Grooms 2008 in Oakville. Our day was full of grooming demonstrations, guest speakers and time to investigate all of the newest and coolest grooming tools, grooming products, innovative new inventions, as well as cute and fun products for the family pet.

Yvonne Norton demonstrates how to achieve the perfect English Setter tail while Nancy Bryson makes sure "King" is comfortable on the table.
The almost finished product of Yvonne's very talented handy work. It was amazing how quickly she groomed this Setter. He looked fantastic!

There were a ton of hilarious costumes and outfits for your pet. I couldn't pull myself away from this booth. Skunks, dragons, bumblebees if you could think it, it was probably there. Too cute!!



There's Val stocking up on lots of goodies! This was one of the popular spots to be. Not only were there great products to be seen and purchased but the prices were fantastic too. Although Jen and myself are not groomers we also walked out with plenty of products to try on our own pets.



By the end of the day, I had a new found respect for groomers. Not only are these people hard working individuals who have to make sure they are keeping their clients, both human and animal happy, but they are also extremely creative and talented. We really enjoyed seeing each demonstration and appreciate the knowledge that each guest speaker/groomer shared with us. This whole experience almost made me want to pick up a pair of shears (that would be scissors in groomer language) and try my hand at grooming but I think I will leave it up to the experts.

No comments: